Monday 17 September 2018

Modulus M1 Makes Movies and Media Marvelous

Two years ago, I stumbled across a display booth with an overly energetic dude was eager to convince me that he'd invented something akin to the home-theater version of sliced bread. Actually, he said something like, "It's a DVR for the Streaming Age!" So, being a sucker for an enthusiastic sales pitch, I sat (stood, really) through Modulus President/CEO Steve Schulz's extremely compelling demo of the Modulus M1. Although I started the conversation off with my usual (and not-quite-true), "I've only got 10 minutes until my next appointment," half-an-hour later we were still going through the 20+ features included in the Modulus M1. Schulz called the Modulus M1 a "revolutionary media hub." Here's how I described it at the time: "Part DVR, part media server, part universal remote, as well as part nearly anything else you can think of that’s important for a modern home theater system, the M1 includes 12TB of media storage space; an RF-based 'Ultimate Remote Control' with voice search, air mouse, and full QWERTY keyboard; as well as an internal Blu-Ray/DVD disc player/ripper." I also said that it was "almost too good to be true."


from
https://www.soundandvision.com/content/modulus-m1-makes-movies-and-media-marvelous

No comments:

Post a Comment